Friday, April 23, 2010

First Day Of Bootcamp

First Day Of Bootcamp

Ok, so everyone knows I started on a Tuesday for bootcamp. What people don't know is why. Prior to the first day, I was in a Trivia Team. Every Tuesday we would get together at 1900 and play til 2100. It was at a bar, so we (or moreso I) drank a lot, with no help from my friendly bartender. So the Sunday before the first day of bootcamp, I quit (it was one of many reasons). I decided that on Monday I should probably go out one last time and see some friends and my other bartender friend and have a one last night out before starting my new regiment.

Turns out, my one last was not the last night, and you saw why in the beginning posts, but the thought was there. My last night turned into a really late night. I started with seeing my friend's Musical Monday show at 2130, and drank with my bartender. (I do whiskey shots, and whiskey drinks, but mostly shots) After the show had ended, another trivia team, one that we actually really like, was there as well. After hearing of my decision to quit, I went outside and started drinking with them. After an hour or so, my friend, who does the show, invited me to go to another bar, where he and his boyfriend would be. So, knowing I was on my last hoorrah, I went. Drank more, with them and a couple of their friends. We all left at 0145 when the bar closed. Bootcamp started at 0600, so I headed home. I got home at about 0230 and fell asleep at about 0300. Alarm at 0500!

So by this time, I am sure people are wondering why did I even bother going. Well let me tell you. I knew that I would go out again on Tuesday to see my trivia team had I not have a reason, and hence it would happen again. If I waited until Wednesday to do this, I would probably opted to start the next week. So This was the best option, hungover, suck it up, and go!

0500, Alarm! I, with a headache, got out of bed, got dressed and waited for my cousin to pick me up and carpool on over there. I am feeling lousy and I realize I have no towel and a small bottle of water, what the hell was I thinking. I just assume I will talk to the instructor and just OBSERVE the bootcamp to see whether or not I wanted to do it. That didn't happen, first day up and running around the inside of this Gymnasium. To be honest I have no idea what we did that day, but it hurt and I was dehydrated beyond belief, and SWEATING, holy shit was I sweating. My cousin had been going there for about a month before, so he was introducing me to everyone. Reluctantly I didn't catch anyone's name and still don't know everybody's name, but they sure know mine. There was, though, a girl, who i know now, who had been calling me Alex the entire hour. I had no idea. I was so hungover and nearly passing out, people could have called me pretty much anything they wanted and I would answer. To this day now, a month she still calls me Alex, and I love it, because I am reminded of how I started my change.

1 hour went by, and it was finally done. The instructor looked at me and congratulated me on my brilliant first day, and everyone clapped in support for the first day. The instructor looked at me and said "I am so glad you didn't throw up, most people on the first day throw up". All I could say is "Thanks, I try." Little did she know that there were a few times that I was ready to just run to the bathroom and upchuck all the poison I drank the night before. But I didn't. "I just kept swimming....."

So that was my first day. Just to prove you don't have to be in your best condition to start a bootcamp, but just show up and give it what you can! That is the statement I have been on since I started and will continue to live on.
share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment