Saturday, May 1, 2010

Missing Hat

Missing Hat aka
My Escape From The Eagle

Brief Story

So I was at The Eagle last night playing pool. I walk up to the bar to get another drink and this guy taps me on the shoulder. He looks in my eyes and tells me to come over to say something. I walk over a few feet where his other two friends are and he tells me that his friend thinks I'm hot. Now normally I would be flattered, but let's just say, if you took my type, invert it, keep him in a cave for about 2 years and throw him some clothing that came off of a shipwreck, you would come close to this guy. I am not superficial in the least, but come on! I am not even sure the guy could speak, because his friend was talking for him. I just kept smiling, and was waiting for my out-line to go back to the bar and get my drink. The next line out of the friends mouth was, "are you taken." I am not, but I did not disclose this information, so I simply said, "Kind of," followed by an immediately "sorry." So I left the three of them and headed back to the bar, ok, so no problem so far.

There was about an hour left before the bar started to kick people out, so I finished up my pool game and talked to one of my friends that was there. "Goodnight Everybody," is shouted repeatedly by the bouncer, followed by a "Bar Closed." So everyone merges to the street to discuss further plans of drinking, I just wanted to go home. I look over my shoulder and there are those three people again, and the one that was talking to me, looks over and smiles. I turn my head back around quickly and just look at my friend who is talking to his other friends. I say my goodbyes and head on out to my car which is parked across the street. Of course the car that is parked 2 behind me is those three boys'! I hear that one guy again yell, "You're hot." I awkwardly smile. By this point I am just trying to get to the car, but not in a way that would make them feel bad. I reach for the handle of my truck, open the door, and sit inside the driver seat. I turn the ignition on and headlights shine. What do I see out of my passenger side window, the same guy totally standing there. My car had inches from behind and front to maneuver to exit and finally drive off. The guy is still standing there the entire time I am forwarding and backwarding in my car. Finally the front of my car has emerged from the ass of the car in front of me, and what do i see in the headlights...... MY HAT. It was in my pocket because I got tired of wearing it and it must have slipped out while I was dodging cars to cross the street. With the guys still towards the rear of the truck I decided to Leave a man behind. So now, my favorite hat, is gone. I hope someone is enjoying it (tear).

I do have to say that I hate being embarrassed, so it wasn't so much the guys I had a problem with, so much as their shouting. It would be fine from someone that I liked, but not this. I had a choice, get out of my car, run to get my hat and maybe hear more from those guys, or drive off and just go home. I chose the second. I drove away and as I passed my hat I felt stupid as to why I didn't just pick it up, but by this time, I may have ran it over with my car. What could more embarrassing than jumping out of the car and running around it to get my hat in the middle of the street? Doing all that for a hat that I may have run over with my car, or could still be under the tire! So C'est la vie HAT.

I drove on the 101-110-10 (LA Freeways) back to my house. As my night was drawing to a close, I decided to get something to eat. I drove down Sawtelle and had no intention of going to Fatburger, but I haven't been there for years and I happened to drive in front of it while stopping at a red light. So that was my destination, must have been fate, or something. I got my brown paper bag of food, and came home to eat my brief sorrows away on an amazing hamburger (it was so good, I completely forgot about it. My family used to go there after a bad meal at an undisclosed relative's house).

This will be the second Hart and Huntington Hat I have lost/got stolen. The first one was due to an asshole of a roomate... But he will come up later in another post. Till the next post, goodbye Hat, goodbye.......


share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment